Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

An attempt at adherence to Winston's Insurgency axioms











POST SCRIPT: I do not want to sound as if I am putting Leila down with the 'in the land of vodka and tonic' line. To tell the truth, I do not know how this woman deals with me. I can honestly say I am a huge asshole, truth be told, that loves to bust balls and throw insults around (something I have inherited from my father), in a joking fashion, of course. I find that people take themselves too seriously, and we all need to laugh at ourselves once in a while. This can, obviously, be construed as me being a bit of a 'dick', as I am often told. I just want to laugh, is all. Once Leila has a drink or two in her, we just let it all go. Why, when I was getting food for Manny while the meat was cooking, I cannot count on one hand how many times we screamed 'f*ck you!' to each other, myself in the basement and her in the kitchen. This is, in all honesty, the perfect situation for me. Words are tossed about, nothing meant by them, and we get to laugh and make fun of one another without fear of offense. I know this is a bit personal for a blog about typewriters, but I felt I had to share. It was, in reality, one of the best nights I have had in a long while. Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. That dinner looks very invitingly delicious. Indian food brings back fond memories of a small hole-in-the-wall Indian place I would visit in Harrisburg many moons ago. No more Indian food here; wife does not like spicy even if my friend just gave me about 5 pounds of Vietnamese Tear (Jerker?) peppers. They are a bit smaller than a Tobasco pepper and very very hot. Great for almost anything I eat.

    Sounds like you and Leila get along great. We all need to let our hair down and have some fun some times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that curry is mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks phenomenal.

    I am always happy to eat anything The Wife prepares as to be honest my own skills begin to fall apart with anything more complicated than spaghetti--and unfortunately she does not like spaghetti! Hence the need for teamwork! I can slice and dice effectively, at least, and I'm not shy about setting tables or jumping in for the clean-up afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blog about typewriters, in my opinion, is not complete without a glimpse into the person who pounds on the keys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother's dishes were that exact pattern. I can remember so many family dinners on those. Tea cups, saucers and all. So cool to see them again!

    ReplyDelete